• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Chefs/ people who love to cook

ergoline

Greenlighter
I just wanted to see how many people out there have a passion for the culinary arts.
Also post your favorite dish. Mine is baby spinach and gruyere stuffed sole over a bed of scallop and saffron risotto. I have many other favorites but this one is the most recent.

i like to cook pancakes and then roll them up with some streaky bacon(2 or 3 pieces) and some golden syrup or maple syrup. Im pretty much better than every chef in the world.

i like having an english breakfast, or what they serve at dennys but home cooked. and i fry everything in the bacon juices :)

I like to cook pretty much everything I eat myself :D

Some of my favorite meals would have to be :

barbecue ribs , fried chicken , homemade pizza's , steaks and potato's

Stuff like that , I try to mix it up the best I can :)

I picked up a cooking book at the age of 12 and have cooked allmost daily ever since (i'm turning 25 soon).

My favourite dishes are:

- Éntrecote steak medium, with mushrooms stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon.
- Italian meatballs with three different types of cheese.
- Tortillas with a lot of meat, cheese, vegetables and many sauces.
- Turkey-cream sauce with fresh pasta
- Horse meat in soy- red wine sauce with jasmine rice.

Last edited:
I fucking love cooking, its so therapeutic for me, I also like putting my own twist on shit. Like I might look at a recipe for an idea or something but I'll almost always end up putting my own twist on it somehow, Ill just be like oh this sounds good and start throwin stuff together. Also after working in a 5 star restaurant I've learned to appreciate high quality food, and mainly, food in general. I love sitting down to eat a meal that I made, its so satisfying!

hmmm, I think I'm going to go make a smoothie for breakfast, yum

I cook everyday but wouldn't like to be a chef as I think it'd lessen my enjoyment. I like to bake best.

i absolutely love cooking. right now i'm really into smoking meats . . i have recipes for ribs, pork shoulder and turkey that blow people away. two of my favorite recipes from in the kitchen are blackened shrimp fajitas with mango-habanero salsa and pan-seared steak with beurre rouge.

- Horse meat in soy- red wine sauce with jasmine rice.

HORSE meat!? please tell me horse means something else in finnish :(

as for myself, i like to grill up a big fat atlantic salmon fillet with some basil and a slice of lemon next to some wild rice mixed with long-grain brown rice and broccoli florets juiced up in olive oil and covered with grated mozarella for veggies. chili's good too, i make a mean low-fat chili

I love to cook, I like the challenge of extracting flavor from plants and balancing different tastes. Food preparation with good vibes people is awesome.

It is a way to bring back travel memories as well.

Once in awhile I will choose to cook something from a recipe and something that I am completely unfamiliar with (different cuisine, strange ingredients, very little knowledge of what to expect). That is a way I expand my knowledge about food, to push on some of my personal edges and fill them in slowly with experience.

Mmmmm....... mango habanero salsa. I love the way sweet and spicy balance out.

/me raises hand

I've always thought that I wouldn't want to be a chef, since usually once I start doing something for a living it becomes much less fun. But cooking might be that one thing that I could do for a living and just love being there every single day. Just so long as it was my kitchen; I can't stand being yelled at by some fat fuck who thinks that he knows better than me, unless it's me.

My favourite dish? Haven't got one. I just came back from visiting family in Bavaria, and I am working on formulating a vegan (or at least o/l-vegetarian) weisswurst. It's going slowly, veal+pork = hard to veganize. As far as stuff that I make regularly, for simple I like my crazy Japanese 'kitchen sink' salad a lot, and for complex I think that my vegan sauerbraten with homemade spaetzle and insanely decadent potato purée with roasted brussels sprouts takes the cake. I can do fancier, but I've polished that dish to the point where it really shines.

i absolutely love cooking. right now i'm really into smoking meats . . i have recipes for ribs, pork shoulder and turkey that blow people away. two of my favorite recipes from in the kitchen are blackened shrimp fajitas with mango-habanero salsa and pan-seared steak with beurre rouge.

Post your recipe, please? =D

Mmmmm....... mango habanero salsa. I love the way sweet and spicy balance out.

Ergo, I was thinking the same thing. I've only attempted one mango salsa and although my roomies liked it I only thought it was average.

My favorite meal to cook is breakfast. There is so much variety you can add to just basic eggs and bacon. I have taken a liking for turkey/chicken sausages that are infused with veggies and fruits such as mushrooms, mangoes or apples & chardonnay. If I had the time and budget I could easily make a new breakfast meal every morning for a month or more. It could be why I like breakfast so much, it is very, very versatile!

^ I was about to say the same thing, you should definitely post that recipe

I've had some good Mango-Habanero salsa, just never made it myself, I'd like to tho!

1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 cup diced fresh mango
1 diced kiwi
1 habanero, minced and seeded
2 green onions, thinly sliced
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
salt, to taste

mix everything together in a bowl, and let stand in the refrigerator for about an hour or so before serving.

(habanero can be adjusted for taste . . one pepper might be a little much as a starting point, and if you really hate your mouth, leave the seeds in.)

1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 cup diced fresh mango
1 diced kiwi
1 habanero, minced and seeded
2 green onions, thinly sliced
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
salt, to taste

mix everything together in a bowl, and let stand in the refrigerator for about an hour or so before serving.

(habanero can be adjusted for taste . . one pepper might be a little much as a starting point, and if you really hate your mouth, leave the seeds in.)

With kiwi too? Oh Em Gee! <3